First Tee College Scholarship Program
The First Tee College Scholarship Program provides valuable, life-changing opportunities for the youth of First Tee. Helping them prepare for success is at the core of our mission. We believe in encouraging youth to pursue their dreams and further their education.
This program awards participants who excel in academics, leadership, character development, and chapter and community involvement. Thanks to our generous donors, First Tee is proud to offer up to a $20,000 scholarship, mentoring throughout the college experience, professional development workshops and assistance in securing internships and jobs through the First Tee College Scholarship Program.
Applications are accepted once per year from seniors in high school who meet the minimum eligibility requirements. All components of the application will be reviewed with consideration that this program offers need and merit-based scholarships.
2022 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the First Tee College Scholarship Program, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Must be classified as a high school senior as of December 31, 2021
- Minimum score of 28 on the ACT and/or 1340 on the SAT
- Test-Optional guidelines will be followed due to implications of COVID-19: If you were able to complete the ACT or SAT, please submit scores and they will be factored into your review. If you were unable to take these tests due to COVID-19, you are still eligible to apply for this program.
- Minimum 3.3 GPA on a 4.0 grading scale
- Intent to attend a four-year accredited college or university in Fall 2022
- If selected, the participant must be able to attend the Pre-College Retreat and the annual Winter Workshop
Chapter and Community Participation
- Registered and active in First Tee headquarters database at the time of application deadline
- Involved in chapter activities at the time of application submission
- Participants who have spent a longer amount of time in First Tee programs will receive higher consideration in the selection.
- Evidence of responsible volunteerism or citizenship through meaningful involvement in community and/or civic activities
Selection Process and Application
Application Release: January 1, 2022
Application Deadline: March 1, 2022
Class Announced: May 31, 2022
Application Link: https://firsttee.smapply.org
Application Code: SCHOLAR2022
*Online applications MUST be submitted by the First Tee participant. First Tee will NOT accept correspondence from families of participants.
Following the application closing date, a judging committee made up of headquarters staff, chapter staff and an outside representative will review the submissions and identify candidates who will be selected for the First Tee College Scholarship Program 2022 class.
First Tee College Scholarship Class of 2021
Congratulations to the twelve members of the First Tee College Scholarship Class of 2021:
- Claire Alford | First Tee – Central Coast | Santa Clara University
- Borina Sutikto | First Tee – Silicon Valley | Santa Clara University
- Kaleb Palm | First Tee – Central Florida | Florida Atlantic University
- Marion Caldwell | First Tee – Four Corners | Dartmouth College
- Meghna Mazumdar | First Tee – Connecticut | Boston College
- Benjamin Nganga | First Tee – Tennessee | Indiana University
- Malisone Chanthapanya | First Tee – Fort Worth | Texas Wesleyan University
- Natalie Cao | First Tee – Greater Houston | University of Pennsylvania
- Quincy Crawford | First Tee – Greater Washington, DC | University of Cincinnati
- Josh Lendach | First Tee – Triangle | University of Cincinnati
- Rebecca Jones | First Tee – Indiana | Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- Molly Castle | First Tee – Tennessee | University of Tennessee Knoxville