Golf Course Programs
At First Tee – Central Coast, we’re Building Game Changers by empowering kids and teens to be the best version of themselves.
By seamlessly integrating the game of golf with character-building, we create learning experiences that help kids uncover their inner strength, self-confidence, and resilience that they can carry to everything they do.
Our trained coaches not only provide an introduction to junior golf and an opportunity to enhance golf skills, but they also create a safe, supportive, and empowering environment to help your child prepare for life ahead, including friendships, school, college and even their careers.
Through our program, kids will learn skills that stay with them for life:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
- Golf fundamentals and advanced techniques
Advancing through the Program
At each age group, participants engage with the 5 Key Commitments: Pursuing Goals, Growing through Challenge, Collaborating with Others, Building Positive Self-Identity, and Using Good Judgement, while focusing on mastering golf fundamentals and building upon a golf skill foundation as they advance within the program.
- Be active and have fun with peers in a safe and encouraging manner
- Build inner strength and self-confidence
- Learn to play golf
- Focus on building relationships with other players while exploring the game of golf
- Explore character concepts in active and collaborative ways that are valuable on and off the course
- Develop golf skills and enthusiasm for the game
- Support positive Game Changing behaviors in fun and meaningful ways
- Explore both golf skills and characters commitments while having fun with peers
- Provide opportunities to demonstrate mastery and growth in golf skills and abilities
- Support growth and development of early adolescents
- Build character and support personal development
- Develop additional golf skills and abilities
- Look toward their future and plan their own paths
- Evaluate, reflect, and apply their understanding of life and golf skills to new situations on and off the course
Our First Tee chapter, First Tee – Central Coast, covers the area along the California coast from Camarillo to Paso Robles. We currently have programs at 13 golf course locations and we hope to add sites in Ventura County later this year.
Our programs run 4 times per year, Winter, Spring, Summer & Fall. Participants are welcome to join us for all four or just 1 or more…whatever fits into your schedule. Most sessions consist of a 8 week class that meets once per week, although in the Summer some sites do a camp format instead. At most sites Winter session starts in January, Spring in April, Summer varies and Fall starts in September. Specific dates and times (schedules) will be posted for each session at least one month before classes start (sometimes earlier) and online registration will be available as follows.
Registration opens for:
Fall 2023 – August 1st at 8:00AM
Winter 2024 – November 1st, 2023 at 8:00AM
Spring 2024 – March 1st, 2024 at 8:00AM
Summer 2024 – May 1st, 2024 at 8:00AM
Ready to register?
We understand that things come up…as long as you contact us prior to the first class we are happy to offer you a refund minus a $10 administrative fee or a full credit for another session. Many classes have waitlists so please let us know as soon as possible if you need to cancel your registration so that another child can get the opportunity to participate.
If you have tried the links above and still have any questions or problems with registration, please contact Jessani Johnson in one of the following ways:
Email: [email protected]
Phone or Text: (805) 637-5042