Requirements of a First Tee Coach
- Get to know The First Tee programs
- Attend training sessions
- Read the materials
- Participate in onsite delivery
- Focus on experience
- Help others become proficient in delivery of the Life Skills
- High degree of proficiency in all elements of the Life Skills
- Capable of teaching other coaches and volunteers
ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?
You don’t have to be a golf pro or even a good golfer. With The First Tee Coach Program, we provide the training you need.
Developed with input from leading experts in the field of positive youth development, our program focuses on empowering participants through decision-making and exploring options. This helps foster positive relationships between coaches and young people, inspiring the golfers of tomorrow to look to the future, set goals, and unlock their potential.
Coaches working through The First Tee Coach Program choose their own level of involvement. The program includes the following levels:
- Assistant Coach
- The First Tee Coach-in-Training (Level I, II, III)
- The First Tee Coach
- The First Tee Master Coach
To learn more and get started in The First Tee Coach Program, contact our Program Director, Billy Gibbs, PGA at:
(805) 291-0060 or [email protected]